Two Leadership Challenges
Challenge 1: It’s Lonely at the Top
The pressures on senior business leaders to make the best strategic decisions for their organizations substantial. The amount and complexity of change in the marketplace compounds this pressure. It can sometimes be hard to see the forest for the trees, and to make sure that decisions that are made are the right ones for both the short and long term.
Especially important in the digital age, is providing the cultural leadership that the next generation of workers expect if they are to remain in their jobs. They expect a culture of collaboration and interdependence. This will likely require a shift in the organization’s leadership culture.
Navigating the waters of organizational complexity, speed, uncertainty, and cultural change often requires a map and a guide. Our approach to executive coaching is to provide the opportunity to reflect, gain perspective, and to build that map and provide the support needed to ensure the leader’s success as well as the organization’s.
Challenge 2: Executive Transition Planning
Our goals are to ensure your leadership success while in your position, and a successful transition to the next phase of your life.
The Marshall Group has pioneered the development of collaborative leadership development and has partnered with a number of excellent and experienced executive coaches to provide you this support, almost no matter where you are. Our coaches are in Latin America, Europe, Africa and North America, each with over 20 years of executive and coaching experience. For individual leadership development assessments and programs, we partner with executive leadership organizations.
- Certified Executive Coaching: Our certified executive coaches have been business executives themselves, and understand the pressures and complexity of operating at a senior level. Our customized approach to coaching ensures that your coaching experience is tailored to your specific journey, while providing a common framework of coaching principles and ethics, no matter where you are.
- The Collaborative Leadership Journey(sm): The Marshall Group pioneered the development of collaborative leadership, and the journey executives take to become more collaborative in their style, behaviors, and actions. It is a principle-based, phased, process that provides each leader a tailored process and strategy, and effectively enables them to model this new approach to leadership.
- Individual Leadership Development Programs: The Marshall Group also offers 360 degree assessments, as well as access to professional development programs.
Executive Transition Planning
- Collaborative Leaders: Leaders will operate from a set of collaborative principles, behaviors, and actions, that will enable the creation of a more collaborative workplace that produces results and trust
- Mastery: Senior leaders who are better equipped to master the complexity of both business, market, and cultural change.
- High Trust: Leadership who walk the collaborative talk, increasing trust, credibility and legitimacy with the workforce
- Increased Retention: Senior leadership who are more effective in working with Next Gen professionals, and increasing the prospects for retaining this capability and reducing turnover costs
- Transition Plans: For the executive, they leave the company prepared for the next phase of their lives. For the company, there is a complete and proper transition of a senior leader whose contributions and service are honored.
For more information, contact: Dr. Edward Marshall